The Northern Ireland Foundation has among its goals to realise a shared and better future in Northern Ireland.
An important objective is to increase active citizen participation in Northern Ireland, through advertising and recruiting volunteers and supporters for projects with a goal of a shared and better future.
Specific objectives include:
- Public recognition of individuals for their volunteering contributions
- Generating donations for nonprofit organisations
- Engaging individuals via a fun and efficient online network
- Recruit a corps of leaders who will galvanise others
- Execute thousands of local volunteering opportunities every year
The vision is to generate an exciting dynamic among new activists, whether younger or older, to increase expectations of what our society can achieve, and that a shared and better future becomes the working norm.
The Northern Ireland Foundation is embarking on this mission with volunteer agencies, such as Volunteer Now.
Here is a sample of volunteering opportunities based in Northern Ireland, with a focus on community development:
- Belfast City Council (Youth Forum Member)
- Corrymeela (Administrator)
- Duncairn Community Centre (North Belfast Volunteer)
- Headliners (Journalist/Media Team)
- Junction49 (Change in your Community)
- Kinder House (Marketing/PR)
- Volunteer Now (Volunteer Ambassador)
Please share your views with us about how we could expand this list!
Volunteering Opportunities at the Northern Ireland Foundation
Volunteers are also required to fulfil the following roles at the Northern Ireland Foundation. If you are interested in any, please contact Allan Leonard directly: